Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Sorghum Principle

Well the harvest is now over and we are exhausted. We were only able to harvest 10 rows of Sorghum roughly 50 gallons of molasses before the frost hit. We did not get to convert it to ethanol as planned. We simply ran out of time. The drought this year meant we couldn't plant until it was too late and thus the Sorghum was not ready to harvest before the frost. So in the end we tilled under most of the cane we had stripped. I wasn't too happy about that! After a long 2 weeks of harvesting, I came up with an new anology for life....alas it is called "The Sorghum Principle"--and it means "anything that reaps little harvest after sowing forth much effort". I've since used the "sorghum principle" to determine if I will commit myself to investing time or energy into proposed projects. It has helped me say "no" politely to many people. So in the end, I've learned a great life lesson and thus the Sorghum harvest this year was more fruitful than I ever imagined! Sticky but sweet memories.
Here is Jaden after a long harvest day....zzzz!








Emma and I are trying to keep warm.
Kenedi is glad to be done with the harvest!





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.